Can’t resist the chips, cookies or ice cream?
It’s normal to feel like you can’t stop overeating certain types of foods.
Processed foods, in particular, are explicitly designed to be hyper palatable and irresistible!
The good news?
There are strategies to help you build awareness of your behaviour and control treat consumption!
Here are handful of suggestions you could try:
1. Eat slowly, with no distractions, while paying attention to your sensations of hunger and fullness, your enjoyment, and your thoughts.
2. Keep trigger foods out of the house - out of sight, out of mind).
3. Focus on addition - eating more veggies - rather than subtraction.
4. Solve lifestyle factors (lack of sleep, lack of exercise, lack of protein) that could be boosting cravings.
5. Change your language from “that's bad” to “that makes it harder for me to achieve my goals”.
You might try one, you might try several, you might try them all.